2 delicata squash
olive oil, divided
1 large onion
4 cloves minced garlic, divided
1 bulb of fennel
1 tsp. sage
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 c. ricotta
1/4 c. half and half
1-2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
1 bunch of Swiss chard
2 T. butter
24 mushroom ravioli
10 oz. fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400. Half both squash and scoop seeds out. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 min., or until soft and golden brown. After you remove squash, reduce heat to 375.
2. Heat 1 T. olive oil. Dice onion and mince 2 cloves of garlic. Core and slice one bulb of fennel, white parts only. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 min. Add fennel, nutmeg, sage and sauté until soft, about 8 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Blend together squash, with skins on, fennel mixture, ricotta and half and half. Thin as needed with chicken or vegetable stock. Set aside.
4. Sauté remaining 2 cloves of garlic in 1 T. olive oil and 2 T. butter. Add 1 bunch of well-washed and chopped Swiss chard. Sauté until wilted, about 5 min.
5. Slice thinly 10 oz. of fresh mozzarella.
6. In an ungreased 9x13 pan, cover the bottom in a thick layer of squash purée. Layer half of the mushroom ravioli, then half the sautéed Swiss chard, then 1/3 of fresh mozzarella. Repeat. Then top the layers with another layer of squash purée and the last 1/3 of sliced mozzarella.
7. Bake in 375 oven for 1 hour. Cool for 10 min. and then serve.