Erin and I canned peaches last summer, and I recently opened one of my last jars to give to the kids as a Saturday afternoon snack. While watching my youngest tip the jar into her mouth and drink up delicious, sweet peach nectar, I had a thought...why not make a refreshing summer drink with what little I had left? So, I pried the jar out of her sticky little hands, saving just enough to make this cocktail. I'll can peaches again this year just so I have another one of these to look forward to in Summer 2018.
Bourbon Peach Fizz:
- Jim Beam or other bourbon
- Peach nectar or juice
- Sparkling soda
- Lemon or orange slice
- Mint sprig
- Fill cocktail class with ice. Pour an ounce and a half of bourbon.
- Top with 3 tablespoons peach nectar or juice.
- Top off with sparkling water.
- Squeeze lemon and add mint sprig. Enjoy. Summer!!!